housing disrepair

What is Housing Disrepair and how to get big compensation for it?

Introduction of Housing Disrepair

Housing disrepair is a legal process for tenants living in such property that contains some damages. Damage includes all interior and exterior repairs, for example, Cracks on Walls, Damping, Mould, Sewage problem and many problems.

The first resolution for most tenants is to obviously inform their landlord about the housing disrepair issue. But unfortunately, most landlords don’t care about it and they often ignore it. This is when the local council gets involved.

The tenants then contact the local council about the housing disrepair. There are instances where the local council efficiently resolves the issue by demanding the landlord to make the required adjustments but at other times, they fail to get the job done.

The housing disrepairs issue on the property can be damps, mould or there might be broken objects throughout the rented property. This discomfort leads the tenants to look for legal help.

How can we fix our property using Housing Disrepair Claim?

Properties that are facing damages can affect your life styles and they can cause health issue as well. What this claim does is help the tenants who have rented a property that is unfit to live in.

By applying for this claim, the tenants can either get the rented property fixed or receive compensation for their discomfort. Remember, the time someone is living in an unfit property, they are using their money to fix the damages so that it can slightly improve.

Legal Assist offers an expert housing disrepair team that efficiently helps you claim against your landlord and win compensation.

What is involved in a Housing Disrepair?

There are plenty of reasons that make a rented property unfit to live in. Two of the most popular disrepair issues in the UK are considered to be mould and damps. However, residents across the UK face different forms of disrepairs every day. 

Some of those are listed below,

  • Flooding & Leaks
  • Pest infestation
  • Structural damage
  • Boilers and electricity
  • Ceiling repairments
  • Gutters and drains
  • Damps and mould
  • Heating problems
  • Vegetarian Growth
  • Unsafe Flooring & Stairs
  • Vermin
  • Rotting Windows
  • Damaged/worm brickwork
  • Any other damage (no matter how minor)

If any of these sound familiar to you, and if your local council and landlord have failed to help you with the required fixes. Then it is in your right to apply for a housing disrepair claim.

How do you get help for your Housing Disrepair Claim?

To get expert legal help regarding your claim, you need an experienced solicitor to help you form a case. This expert knows the housing disrepair claims inside out and will act in your best interest.

They will review the situation at your property. Take the important information and collect data. Create a professional and expert case file that highlights the damages and the physical and financial stress you have been through. And display all that in front of the court. A good disrepair solicitor can help you get handsomely compensated.

How can you apply for a housing disrepair claim and get compensated with the help of Legal Assist?

We Knows that you are willing to get your property fixed and get compensated a.s.a.p. This is why for each case, we put our best foot forward.

For decades, Legal Assist has expertly managed thousands of housing disrepair claims. With our legal expertise, we can guide you about the best route for your case and how you can maximise your chances of getting maximum compensation.

Legal Assist’s expert panel can also get you connected with a result-driven housing disrepair solicitor & Boundary Disputes

You can contact Legal Assist today and get expert advice or book a consultation session with our expert panel.

No win No fee

Our panel solicitors can handle your case on a no win, no fee basis which means there’s nothing to pay upfront and nothing to pay if your case is unsuccessful.

If your case is successful, our panel solicitors take between 25%- 50% from your awarded compensation. This varies amongst our panel members and will be dependent on the law firm we recommend you to as well as your claim type.

Full terms & conditions will be included in your solicitor’s agreement so please read this carefully and speak to them if you are unsure of anything before signing. For more information, please visit our No win No fee page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Request a callback from our team