Criminal Injury Claims

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

Criminal Injury Claims At Legal Assist, we have an experienced panel of Law firms that are dedicated to helping victims of criminal injuries claim compensation under the CICA scheme. They are equipped to handle a wide variety of criminal injury cases involving:
  • GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm)
  • ABH (Actual Bodily Harm)
  • Sexual Abuse
  • Rape
  • Sex Trafficking
  • Child Abuse
  • Stabbing (Knife crime)
  • Shooting / Gun Shot (Gun Crime)
  • Murder Victims

No win No fee

Our panel solicitors can handle your case on a no win, no fee basis which means there’s nothing to pay upfront and nothing to pay if your case is unsuccessful.

If your case is successful, our panel solicitors take between 25%- 50% from your awarded compensation. This varies amongst our panel members and will be dependent on the law firm we recommend you to as well as your claim type.

Full terms & conditions will be included in your solicitor’s agreement so please read this carefully and speak to them if you are unsure of anything before signing. For more information, please visit our No win No fee page.

If you’ve experienced physical or psychological injuries from a violent crime or been sexually abused within the last 2 years, you may be entitled to compensation. If you are a family member that has lost a loved one because of a crime, you may also be eligible to make a claim for compensation.

There are exceptions to the 2-year limit in cases where the injury was not immediately apparent, or the victim was a child at the time of the crime.

Physical and or Psychological Injuries must have been sustained as a direct result of a crime and you must be an innocent party, meaning you are completely blameless for the incident.

Please note that you do not need to use a claims management company or solicitors’ firm to process a claim. You can make a claim yourself for free via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority whose website can be found here


Please note: You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim for compensation. You can use a solicitor or company of your own choice or alternatively you can make a claim yourself for free via the person/entity you wish to claim from or via the relevant ombudsman service. Links to their websites can be found below.

Can I make a claim?

You may be entitled to compensation if you match the following criteria:

  • You reported the crime to the police and cooperated with their investigations.
  • You were injured as a blameless victim in England or Wales, or you are a family member of a bereaved victim that was killed.
  • Your incident took place within the last 2 years however there are some exceptions to this.

We believe that everyone has the right to access legal representation and advice when they require it. Legal Assist has got you covered with a criminal injury legal panel that have a proven track record of recovering high value settlements. They handle complex and traumatic cases day in, day out. Having someone that can handle the legal complexities and is seasoned in this area of the Law can be extremely beneficial.

Every case is different which means the nature and sensitivity of the circumstances will vary between each claim. Sexual assault, abuse or rape victims may not feel comfortable discussing their case with a solicitor or staff member of the same sex, so if you prefer to have a female or male solicitor working on your case, do let us know and we will listen to your request and try our best to give you access to a law firm that can meet your requirements. We understand it can be extremely daunting and distressing to relive such a horrific event, but that’s why we will do our best to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Our panel solicitors offer a on a no win no fee service, so it doesn’t cost you anything upfront, or if your case is lost. They take a percentage from your awarded compensation which varies from law firm to law firm. Please review our no win no fee page for more info on this. Our panel solicitors also offer a free, no obligation telephone consultation so they can look at your case and then it’s up to you how you wish to proceed.

UK visa and immigration

Call our dedicated team today

Request a callback from our team